In one of our previous post, we talked about the new ECR portal and how it will ease the process and complications present in the old portal.
The previous post has been linked in the end of this post but here is the gist of the new portal:
- The new ECR portal, also called ECR 2.0 will contain only 11 fields as opposed to the previous portal which had 25 fields.
- It will include both PF payment and ECR filing
- It will be based on the UAN format
- It is a unified platform for both employers and employees for various services provided by the EPFO.
With that said, here are the links for both purposes:
- The link for ECR upload – unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo
- The link to view the details of the contributing member – unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
The process, from upload till payment, in the new portal is as follows:
- Upload the ECR statement
- Verify the ECR statement
- Prepare challan
- Finalize challan
- Pay challan
Important points to note regarding the new ECR portal are:
- It is possible to pay the monthly ECR and arrears as well but through separate files and the file formats for both are different.
- The uploaded ECR will not lapse if payment is not made. You can make the payment after uploading the same through the online payment link. However for the delay beyond the due date the applicable rules on Damages and Interest will apply.
Please note: If you are yet to enroll or register and/or upload data in the GSTN, we have recently released Saral GST migration utility which will help you manage all your client registrations and/or data upload in GST Portal without worrying about session expiry and repeated entries.
You can download the utility in the following link: Saral GST migration utility.