NSDL is to release new file validation utility for Quarterly TDS Statements to be filed, tentatively by 19th June 2015. The details are as below.
New File Validation Utility v4.7 (FVU)
- Version 4.7: – for quarterly e-TDS/TCS statement pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards.
- Version 2.143: – for quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08 up to FY 2009-10.
Features of the New File Validation Utility v4.7are as below:-
1. PAN of the deductee in C5 & C3 multi-batch correction statement:
In the case of C5 & C3 corrections are done for same deductee record in the respective correction statement, in such scenario, PAN of the deductee in the C5 batch and C3 batch (previous and current PAN) should be same.
2. Incorporation of new section codes 192A and 194LBB:
- Section code 192A will be applicable for Form no. 26Q whereas section code 194LBB will be applicable for Form 26Q & 27Q.
- These section codes will be applicable only for the TDS statements pertaining to FY 2015-16 onwards where the date of payment in deductee details (Annexure I) is on or after 1st June 2015.
3. Validation of Total Tax deducted vis a vis Total Tax Deposited amount in deductee details (Annexure I):
Validation will be incorporated in the TDS/TCS FVU wherein the total tax deducted amount in the deductee details should be equal to total tax deposited amount at the deductee details. This validation will apply to.
- TDS/TCS statements pertaining to all Financial Years and all Forms.
- Will apply to regular and correction TDS/TCS statements.
4. Incorporation of “T” remark (Transporter transaction and valid PAN is provided) in deductee details (Annexure I):
- Remark “T” will be applicable for Form no. 26Q from Q3 of FY 2009-10 onwards.
- This validation will apply to regular and correction statements.
5. Applicability of certificate number for lower/non-deduction in deductee details (Annexure I):
Quoting of certificate number (if applicable) will be allowed only if the corresponding section codes in deductee details is 192, 193, 194, 194A, 194C, 194D, 194G, 194H, 194-I, 194J, 194LA, 195 and 206C (TCS). This validation will apply to regular and correction TDS/TCS statement pertaining to FY 2013-14 onwards.
6. Higher deduction flag “C” not applicable to Section code 194LC:
- If the section code at the challan/ deductee details is 194LC, then the corresponding deductee record will not be mandated for a higher rate of tax deduction i.e., will not be mandated to select flag “C”.
- This validation will apply to regular and correction statement pertaining to FY 2012-13 onwards where the date of payment is 1st June 2013 onwards.
7. Deductee records with remark ‘C’ validations across all forms: In addition to existing editable fields for “C” remark deductee records in correction file, below mentioned fields will also to be allowed for an update.
- Name of deductee
- Section code
- Nature of remittance (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- “Unique acknowledgement of the corresponding form no. 15CA (if available)” (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- Country of Residence of the deductee (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- Grossing up indicator (Applicable only for Form 27Q)
- Date of deduction (Applicable to all Forms)
Said validation will be applicable for correction TDS/TCS statements.
Saral TDS, with all the above changes incorporated & new versions of FVU, will be updated immediately once the new FVU is made available by NSDL.
validation utility (version4.7)