The new File Validation Utility version 5.4, has been released by Income Tax Department. This will be applicable for TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 onward and the FVU version 2.150 is applicable for TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08 up-to FY 2009-10, for filing quarterly TDS/TCS statements.
The key changes in the new FVUs are as listed below.
- Validation for “PAN of Landlord” field has been revised for form 24Q – Q4 under Annexure II (i.e. Salary details) from FY 2016-17 onward. Existing Validation of structurally valid PAN (for field no. 41, 43, 45 and 47 as per data structure) has been relaxed. These fields may contain values as listed below when the landlord does not have PAN
- GOVERNMENT: This is applicable when landlords are Government organizations (i.e. Central or State).
- NONRESIDENT: This is applicable when the landlords are Non-Residents.
- OTHERVALUE: This is applicable when the landlords are other than Government organization and Non-Residents.
- Validation for non-update of Deductee/Collectee records from Annexure I and Annexure ll in TDS/TCS correction statements when Form 26A/27BA has been generated.
- Deductee/Collectee against which Form 26A/27BA has been generated at Income Tax Department where update will not be allowed on certain fields in Annexure I of Form 24Q, 26Q and 27EQ while submitting correction statement.
- The fields which are not allowed to edit are as below:-
- PAN of Deductee/Collectee
- Amount of Payment/Credit
- Total tax Deducted (Tax + Surcharge + Education cess)
- Section code
- Deductee against which Form 26A/27BA has been generated at Income Tax Department where no update or deletion of record will be allowed in Annexure-ll of Form 24Q while submitting correction statement.
- Such Deuctee/Collectee records will be present in the TDS/TCS consolidated file with a flag value ‘F’ against the field ‘Mode’ as per specified file format.
- This is applicable from Financial Year 2007-08 onwards.
- e-TDS/TCS correction statements received with the changes not desired as per above, will be rejected at TDS CPC of Income Tax Department.
The new FVU, File Validation Utility version 5.4, is applicable from 23rd February 2017.
SaralTDS with above changes is expected to release in sometime, users please click ‘Check for Updates’ in software and update the latest version.