CBDT Extends various direct tax due dates, in view of the hardship faced by tax payers due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Highlighting the various dates here for you easy reference along with detailed Press Release and Notification (35/2020 dated 24/06/2020).
- Last date for furnishing of TDS/TCS returns of Q4 2019-20 extended to 31st July 2020 and issue of TDS Certificates to 15th August 2020
- Time limit for filing belated Income Tax Returns of AY2019-20 extended to 31st July 2020
- Last date for Investments to be eligible for deduction under Chapter VIA ( 80C, 80D etc) for the FY 2019-20 extended to 31st July 2020
- Due date for ITR for AY 2020-21 is extended to 30th November 2020
- Extended last date for payment of Self-Assessment Tax in the case of a taxpayer with self assessment tax liability is upto Rs. 1 Lakh for FY 2019-20 to 30th November 2020
- Due date of furnishing Audit Report for AY 2020-21 extended to 31st October 2020
- Last Date for making investment / construction / purchase for claiming roll over benefit / deduction in respect of Capital Gains u/s 54 to 54GB of the IT Act extended to 30th September, 2020.
Find the press release and notification in the following links: