Error 432: Setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close unInstallShield and restart setup.
- Another un-installation may be already running in the Task manager.
- The un-installation process is hanged. Check if there is any pending installation(s)/ un-installation.
- The IsUninst.exe executable may be running and is in use.
- You may not have administrative rights on the computer, or you may be logged on as a user who does not have administrative rights.
- Windows Installer [msiexec] might be unregistered.
- There may be some sort of virus scan going on in the background which is causing a conflict.
- Installshield may not be able to create a log file.
- There may be some other problem with the Windows Installer on your computer.
Log off current user and login as Administrator.
Pause or disable the antivirus temporarily.
- Delete if any un-install process is running in task manager.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Select Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Look for msiexec.exe or IsUninst.exe.
- Select and click End Process.
- Make sure that no other applications (including anti-virus software), installations, or processes are running in the background.
- Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” – >The Windows Task Manager appears.
- Click the Application tab.
- Look for an entry related to a program installation. This might include words, such as “msiexec”, “install,” “installer,” or “MSI.”
- If found, highlight the entry, and then click End Task.
- Try the installation again.
- Delete IsUninst.exe file from “C:\Windows” folder
- Navigate to C:\Windows
- Locate IsUninst.exe and Delete it.
- If IsUninst.exe cannot be deleted because it is in use, reboot the machine and try again.
- Start > Run > type regedit
- Navigate to the below path
- Delete the below key. Try installation again.