Hello, in this post we will look into the notification of procedure for Registration and submissions of financial transactions (SFT) as per section 285BA of Income-tax Act.
According to the notification, the Reporting Portal which is being implemented under Project Insight of Income Tax Department will serve as one-stop-window for your third party reporting related requirements. The New Reporting Portal provides enhancements over present functionalities on the e-filing portal in the following aspects:
- Seamless data processing & quality monitoring
- Data encryption for enhanced security
- Seamless information exchange with reporting entities
- Comprehensive resources module for capacity building
- Seamless reporting entity compliance management
- Dedicated helpdesk support
Procedure for registration and submission of statement of financial transactions (SFT) as per section 285BA of Income-tax Act, 1961 read with Rule 114E of Income-tax Rules, 1962.
In exercise of the powers delegated by Central Board of Direct Taxes (‘Board’) under sub rule (4)(a) and (4)(b) of Rule 114E of the Income tax Rules 1962, the Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) hereby lays down the following procedures
- Already registered reporting persons/entities on e-filing portal: The registration details of already registered reporting persons/entities have been migrated from e-filing portal to reporting portal. The registered users of such reporting persona/entities shall be communicated of their new login credentials through registered email to be used at Reporting Portal. There is no need of registering again for such persons/entities.
- New Registration, Generation of Income Tax Department Reporting Entity Identification Number (ITDREIN) and Principal Officer: The reporting person/entity is required to get registered with the Income Tax Department by logging in to the e-filing website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/) with the log in ID used for the purpose of filing the Income Tax Return of the reporting person/entity. The reporting person/entity needs to click on “Reporting Portal” link under “My Account” tab at e-filing portal to access ‘Reporting Portal’ for first time registration. The reporting person/entity will be required to enter the details of form type, category and address of reporting person/entity along with details of Principal Officer mandatorily. On successful submission, the ITDREIN is generated and the principal officer will receive a confirmation e-mail on his/her registered e-mail address and SMS at his/her registered mobile number. There will be no option to de-activate ITDREIN, once it is generated.
- Addition of Designated Director: The reporting person/entity is required to submit the details of designated director either at the time of new registration or at later stage, but before any statement is submitted on reporting portal. The designated director will receive a confirmation e-mail with login credentials for login into reporting portal (https://report.insight.gov.in) at his/her registered email address. Only, the designated director of the reporting person/entity can digitally sign and upload the Statement of Financial Transaction (SFT) and the corresponding correction statements, if any through his/her own login credentials at the reporting portal or through Generic submission Utility.
- Submission of Form No. 61A: Every reporting person/entity is required to submit the Statement of Financial Transaction (SFT) in Form No. 61A. The prescribed schema, Report Generation and Validation Utility for Form No. 61A and Generic Submission Utility can be downloaded from the reporting portal under “Resources” tab. General and transaction specific guidelines for preparation of SFT in the specified format is enclosed as Annexure B and Annexure C respectively. The prepared SFTs to be filed is required to be digitally signed by and uploaded at the reporting portal or through Generic Submission Utility through the login credentials (PAN and password) of the designated director.
- Submission of correction statement: In case, the reporting person/entity comes to know or discovers any inaccuracy in the information provided in the statement or the defects have been communicated to the reporting person/entity through Data Quality Report (DQR) after submission of Statement, it is required to remove the defects by submitting a correction statement. The number of “Reports Requiring Correction (RRC)” will be visible against the original statement on reporting portal under the ‘Statement Pending for Correction’ tab. The user can download the DQR file from the DQR column under ‘Statements Pending for Correction’ Tab at Reporting Portal, which can then be opened on the Report Generation utility to find and fix the errors. The reporting person/entity needs to rectify all the defects till the number of “Reports Requiring Correction (RRC) becomes zero within specified time.
- Deletion of Submitted Reports in a statement: In case, the reporting person/entity wishes to delete the inadvertently filed reports within a statement, it can choose the statement type as “Deletion Statement” and file all such reports within a single statement to be deleted with exact previously filed values against each field. The manner of filing Deletion Statement shall be similar to submission of correction statement.
- Security, archival and retrieval policies: The reporting person/entity is required to document and implement appropriate information security policies and procedures with clearly defined roles and responsibilities to ensure security of submitted information and related information/documents. The reporting person/entity is also required to document and implement appropriate archival and retrieval policies and procedures with clearly defined roles and responsibilities to ensure that submitted information and related information/documents are available promptly to the competent authorities.
Read the notification here